Sunday, February 11, 2007

I wasn't at the boat long today and didn't do much, but I did grind out the starboard chainplate repair enough to put in 3 layers of 10 oz cloth.

I also sanded and primed the faired repair to the port chainplate area.

One more thing - I measured the mast today. This was a major disappointment because I found out my mast is a non-standard height and is shorter than it should be. A Triton fractional rig is supposed to have a 36' mast. Mine is 33' 10" to the top, or 33' 2" to the sheave. Since the gooseneck is 2'7" off the deck, my main luff can only be about 30' 9" and it is supposed to be 33'. I'm still debating what to do because if I stick with this mast, new sails will have to be custom-made to it and I will be locked into this weird rig.

BTW, the gooseneck (actually, the tack) is supposed to be 2'9" off the deck, so the boom is low. I thought it must be. Posted by Picasa

No comments: