Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chainplate project progess..

A couple of weekends ago I worked more on the chainplate project. The first photo shows the port aft lower complete. I replaced the solid forks and single toggle of the old Merriman turnbuckles with two Hayn toggled forks. This fit perfectly on both sides and is a simpler system.
The backstay chainplate is coming along. I managed to create a bed of thickened epoxy for the chainplate. I covered the chainplate with electrical tape and waxed it liberally to ensure good release from the epoxy.

Finally, I dug out some rotten core around the old vent cutout in the poop deck. The area of deteriorated core wasn't large - at inch beyond the cutout at most - and was easy to fill with thickened epoxy. Soon I'll redrill mounting holes, bed the hawsepipe, and through-bolt it to the poop deck.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: